Upload your first video to Microsoft Stream.
Instructions by Microsoft found here.
1) In the Microsoft Stream portal, select Create > Upload a video or the upload icon from the top navigation bar.
2) Drag and drop or select files from your computer or device.
3) In Details sections:
- Just above the Details section,you will see a progress bar showing the upload progress of the video being uploaded to Microsoft Stream.
- Give your video a unique Name. Over time you will have many videos and this will make searching for this video easier later on.
- After you video finishing uploading, you can select a thumbnail from your video. This can always be changed later.
6) In Permissions section:
- IMPORTANT: Uncheck the box for Allow everyone in your company to view this video. If checked, this video will be publicly accessible by all students, faculty, and staff.
- In Share with enter the name of the Microsoft Stream group that you created earlier. In this is example we used MATH-162-950W-20SP. After typing Math-162 in the search field, a list of groups that you are a member of will display that you can select from.
- IMPORTANT: The Owner checkbox must not be checked for your group containing students. The owner role allows downloading, editing, and sharing of the video with others.
- The Display checkbox must be check for this "group" of students view the video. This is how we allow students view the video only and deter them from finding alternative means from downloading the video.
9) In the Options section:
- Toggle the People button to Off. If the owner of the video has enabled the people timeline for a video, a people timeline is displayed for the video. Use this timeline to see when a specific person is visible and click to go to that moment in the video. Click here for more on the People feature.
- Toggle the Comments button to Off, or students will be able to comment on videos similar to a YouTube video.
- The Captions checkbox must be checked for Microsoft Stream to automatically create speech-to-text transcript for your video. This transcript can also be searched through and edited as well. Click here for more on transcripts.
10) Click the Publish button. Once your video is done processing, you will receive an email that it is now viewable.